Tuesday 19 August 2008

Shropshire VC winners


I have a particular interest in local winners of the Victoria Cross who are commemorted on Shropshire war memorials. The ones I have identified so far are as follows:

Cpt John Brunt - Ellesmere College & Priestweston
Maj C Yate - Madeley
TOL Wilkinson - Quatt
A/S WC Williams - Stanton Lacy
Cpt H Ackroyd - Shrewsbury School
WN Stone - St Mary's, Shrewsbury
Maj W LaTouche Congreve - Haslehurst Memorial Hall, West Felton
TT Pryce - St Giles', Shrewsbury & Shrewsbury School

Is anyone out there aware of any others that I have missed or have any information about any of the gallant men in the list? If so, please let me know by posting here. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have researched all the men on the Ironbridge and Coalbrookdale war memorials, and I am now working on the Little Wenlock memorial. Rosemary