Sunday 3 March 2019

Extending into Mid Wales


 It is a year or two now since my book 'Sites of Remembrance: the war memorials of Shropshire' was published. Sales have gone well and I have been pleased to be inviting to talk to many groups and organisations. It's a subject on which a surprisingly wide range of people have an interest and it has been good to meet them. The book is still available. Please contact me on peterjohnfrancis@googlemail.com if you would like to buy one or use the paypal button here.

For a while now I have been extending my research to cover the many and veried memorials of Mid Wales and have been asked to give a number of talks as a result. I have decided therefore to extend the content of my blog in a similar way. I hope you enjoy the new articles. As a start, here is a selection of my favourite Mid Welsh war memorials.

Chirk
Builth Wells figures
Newtown park gates

Aberystwyth

Builth Wells

No comments: